We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work on a collaborative project in the area of Cloud Computing. This Qatar University-Sydney University (Australia) project is funded by Qatar National Research Fund.
The research project aims to develop a novel and unique framework for a sustainable and efficient cloud service market. In particular, it aims at providing cloud consumers with the best set of tools to outsource tasks to cloud providers that meet their own economic model for costs savings, and QoS requirements over a period of time. The project also aims at empowering cloud providers with a novel framework to advertise their services and taking advantage of the economies of scale to maximize their profit.
The successful candidate will work with researchers from Qatar and Australia on cutting edge techniques in the area of cloud computing. The project may require travel to Australia to work with the Australian-based researchers and students.
The contract is for 1.5 years and the candidate must be reallocated to Qatar. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science in an area close to the scope of the project.
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: Market-Oriented Cloud Computing, QoS modelling and Optimization, QoS-based cloud service composition, Economic models for Cloud Computing.
- Good publications record demonstrating ability to conduct quality research.
- Strong English communication skills.
Suitable applications will be reviewed immediately and the review process will continue until the position is filled.
Employment benefits include:
- Competitive, tax-free salary
- Housing allowance
- Annual round-trip air tickets for the candidate and his/her dependents
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children, in accordance with QU HR policies
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members
- Annual paid leave, in accordance with QU HR policies
To apply, candidates should email the following to email@example.com:
- Curriculum Vitae, including lists of publications, educational background and work experience
- Short research statements (maximum 1 page)
- Names and email addresses of at least 3 references
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education in Qatar offering a variety of academic, research and community outreach programs. Qatar University has an international faculty dedicated to the education of its 15,000+ students and to building strong graduate programs and research capabilities with emphasis on addressing national and regional needs and priorities.
The University is located in Doha, Qatar, a vibrant modern city which welcomes visitors and residents from around the globe. The state of Qatar is a small peninsula in the Arabian Gulf, with substantial oil and natural gas reserves. Qatar is one of the wealthiest states in the region and has developed high quality health care and education systems. The country has dedicated 2.8% of its revenue to fund scientific research. The country is bilingual in both Arabic and English. Doha offers all of the modern facilities and services found in the world’s major cities and a safe and high quality life style.