- Join a major research program in Innovation in Advanced Multi-Storey Housing Manufacture
- Duration: Three years full-time research towards a PhD degree.
- Remuneration: $32,000per annum (indexed annually, and in some cases tax exempt).
The University of Sydney’s Innovation in Applied Design Lab at the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning, together with industry partners Lendlease and DesignMake, has been awarded a prestigious Commonwealth Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Project grant. The research project will focus on innovating in the multi-storey manufactured housing area, and building on the leading work already carried out by Lendlease and DesignMake.
As part of the CRC Project, the University of Sydney together with Lendlease and DesignMake, are seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for two prestigious PhD Scholarships.
We are seeking candidates who have the capability to undertake a wide spectrum of research and development associated with the prefabricated construction industry, who can work directly with Lendlease and DesignMake and the wider research group.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- At least two years work experience in academia or practice
- Applicants should demonstrate a proven capacity at least two of the following five thematic areas:
1. Supply Chain Innovation: Logistics & Time-Cost Motion Analysis
2. Configurator: Integrated Design, Manufacturing, and Process Platform
3. Digitising Field Activities: Site/Factory Interface
4. Material Fabrication Technologies and Techniques
5. High Performance Modular Building Envelopes
Desirable Criteria – Architecture
- Excellence in Residential design and construction
- Experience in innovation in prefabrication and fabrication design, technologies and processes
- Research experience, including published research or designs.
1. Submit a cover letter of no more than two A4 pages, addressing: the selection criteria in this application package; the motivation behind the application for this scholarship; and, any other relevant information.
2. Curriculum Vitae containing a minimum of academic qualifications, work experience, evidence of research/practice experience, and any other information relevant to the criteria listed in the application packages.
3. Email applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org