Wentworth Institute of Technology is seeking four assistant professors to join their Mechanical Engineering & Technology faculty.
Two positions are in solid mechanics, and two are in thermal fluids. A background in Interdisciplinary project design is a plus. Course work covers mechanical engineering program. 3-D Modeling and FEA / CFD using programs such as SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation, Revit, Ansys etc.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Technology offers an application- and practice-based curriculum. Through hands-on laboratory-based projects and a cooperative work experience, our graduates are recognized by employers as productive contributors in their respective fields immediately after graduation. The Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
This position offers competitive salaries and benefits. Our benefits package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and pension plans; as well as generous holiday, vacation, and sick time.
- Master's Degree
- 1-3 years professional experience in the areas of solid mechanics or thermal fluids.
- Teaching experience. Course work covers mechanical engineering program.
- 3-D Modeling and FEA / CFD using programs such as SolidWorks, SolidWorks Simulation, Revit, Ansys etc.
- Doctoral degree
- A background in Interdisciplinary project design a plus
- Data acquisition with programs such as LabVIEW
About Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Teaching Effectiveness: Addresses the educator's dedication to the intellectual, specialized knowledge, and character growth of the students. Demonstrated in several ways including, but not limited to, the following: - preparation of teaching materials - leadership in developing new and/or improved curriculum and teaching resources - use of innovative instructional methods - publication of peer reviewed/refereed articles on teaching methodology and other areas of educational instruction - results of teaching evaluations from students, peers, department heads, and recent graduates - demonstration of effective student advising - use of appropriate assessment methods and resulting course improvement(s)
- Scholarly or Creative Academic Productivity: Includes the discovery and dissemination or application of knowledge and the creation and production of works of art and design. Anticipates regional, national, and/or international recognition of a candidate's accomplishments. Demonstrated in several ways including, but not limited to, documenting the following: - its contribution to the expansion or application of the body of knowledge in the faculty's area of expertise - meeting the rigors of peer/referred review by qualified individuals - its dissemination in a format that can be cited and retrieved
- Service Leadership: Service leadership activities fall into the following categories: (1) professional service; (2) Department/Institute service; (3) public/community service. These are the essential functions required of the position. The percentage of time should add up to 100. Effectiveness in service activities may be demonstrated directly by acknowledgement from the organization/group being served.
Wentworth Institute of Technology attracts talented students who bring their skills to bear on real-world problems. WIT's interdisciplinary curriculum combines rigorous studies with practical learning experiences. The result: Excellent preparation for a successful career. WIT is a collaborative, mission-driven community of educators and professionals committed to excellence in ourselves and in the students we teach and support.
Wentworth is based in Boston's historic Fenway area, a cultural center featuring numerous colleges, universities, hospitals, museums, galleries, restaurants, and cafes. The MBTA Green Line, Orange Line, and Commuter Rail are within walking distance (and we subsidize passes), and we provide affordable, on-site parking. Professional development opportunities include tuition reimbursement programs, and the ability to cross-register for courses, leadership programs, and professional development training at any of the other member institutions of the Colleges of the Fenway. Wentworth is a member of Tuition Exchange, a reciprocal scholarship opportunity for the dependents of eligible faculty and staff at all 645+ member schools. WIT is a founding member of the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (NEHERC), the region’s premier job board for faculty, staff, and academic executives, featuring over 2,700 current jobs from member colleges, universities, teaching hospitals, research institutes, and education-related not-for-profits.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Ranking #6 on the Global Economic Power Index in 2012, Boston is a major player responsible for $3.75 trillion in economic output with a strong emphasis on the finance, education, professional services, and medical sectors. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine
Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2016 and continue on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants should apply at jobs.wit.edu.
Wentworth Institute of Technology is being assisted by the Keysearch Executive Search Services of Academic Keys.