- Contribute to an engaging and wide-reaching research group tackling the challenges of the energy-water-nexus
- Located at Camperdown in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Full time, continuing position, base salary $104k – $123k p.a plus leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated chemical engineer to apply for a position of Research Fellow in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. The successful candidate will work within a collaborative environment, as part of an international and interdisciplinary research team.
With your expertise you will contribute to the life cycle assessment, techno-economic and process modelling assessments of new technologies and processes in meeting the challenges of the energy-water-nexus. Your work will incorporate evaluations and cost assessments of carbon capture and storage technologies, the production of sustainable chemicals and fuels, water treatment technologies, membrane technologies and CFD modelling.
- Lead research in the development of economic and process models and methods.
- Contribute to leadership of defined aspects of the experimental programme of the research team as agreed with the Project Leader.
- Support the supervision of postgraduate and undergraduate students.
- Prepare and publish papers, seminar and conference presentations.
- Communicate scientific content as required both internally and externally to industry and academic collaborators and visitors.
- Contribute to teaching in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Other routine and project based tasks as directed by the Project Leader.
- Attend meetings associated with the research or organisational unit as required by the Project Leader.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Chemical Engineering who possesses:
- PhD in chemical engineering or related sciences from a recognised university.
- Familiarity with economic modelling.
- Strong computational skills, including in CFD.
- Experience in teaching Chemical Engineering courses at the undergraduate level
- Effective time and project management skills.
- Ability to supervise and mentor others including postgraduate and undergraduate students.
- Ability to work colleagially with others in a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the wider community.
- Knowledge of OHS responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant OHS training.
- Knowledge of equal opportunity principles.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 439/0319C to apply.
Closing date: 7 April 2019 11.30pm (AEDT)
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment