Research Engineer (Firmware/Software Engineering) (SPICE/RaPID) - RK3
Job no: 498316
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Primary scope of work is support research and industrial project work undertaken by the SPICE or RaPID department.
- Carry out Risk Assessment of projects and labs, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure that the project can meet the milestones adhering to the stipulated timeline
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities are mainly laboratory classes.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Have at least 3 years of hand-on experiences in firmware and/or software application in an engineering or development environment.
- Experience with Ubuntu, Python, Java, C/C++ programming and Microcontroller programming (non-RTOS and/or RTOS).
- Knowledge in at Vue, High chart software or MQTT will be a plus.
- Experience with device drivers, IoT, sensors, SBC (single board computers), embedded systems, microcontroller and electronic design would be advantageous.
- Have a degree in Electronics, Computer or Software Engineering from a recognized University.
- Enjoy both analytical and hands-on work to solve problems.
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with people within and external to the university.
- Flexibility to work across functions/teams as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
- Self-directed learner who believes in continuous learning and development
- Proficient in technical writing and presentation
- Possess good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Show good initiative and take ownership of work undertaken
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time