School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Full Professor and Executive Director for SC3DP
Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally in QS World University Rankings 2020. It is also placed 1st among the world’s best young universities.
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is ranked 11th in the world (QS Subject ranking 2019). With well-established industry partnerships with prominent companies such as Rolls-Royce, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney and Singapore Airlines, MAE provides an active and vibrant research environment with excellent R&D infrastructure and numerous opportunities for research funding. The school has an enrolment of over 2500 undergraduate students with over 110 faculty members and 140 full-time research staff working in well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories. A growing research student population of over 400 is also actively engaged in strategic research and development work.
The Singapore Centre for 3D Printing (SC3DP) is a centre of excellence in additive manufacturing (AM) research, consolidating NTU’s research activities towards the advancement of AM technologies. Working in close collaboration with various government agencies and external partners, SC3DP builds on NTU’s existing strengths in science and engineering, to provide a research platform to spearhead Singapore’s efforts in AM.
The School strongly encourages highly qualified candidates to apply for the position of Executive Director to lead and manage the development and implementation of the Centre’s research strategy, performance indicators and targets and the alignment of these to position Singapore as a world leader in 3D printing. Reporting to the Governing Board, the Executive Director will also work closely with major industry partners in the Aerospace and Defence, Building and Construction and Marine and Offshore sectors. On the research front, the Executive Director will drive the development of distinctive new capabilities for the industry, to increase productivity and efficiency, creating new and high valued jobs for Singaporeans. Within the Centre, the Executive Director shall promote and support the development of a research environment and culture, which is intellectually challenging and stimulating, and focused upon the achievement of research targets. In addition, the Executive Director will oversee the effective and smooth operations of the Centre and delivery of its objectives and strategy. This includes securing external funding and projects to maintain the sustainability of the Centre, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and University’s policies.
The successful appointee will be appointed as Full Professor in the School of MAE and hold a concurrent appointment as Executive Director SC3DP.
• PhD in areas relevant to additive manufacturing
• Extensive research experience; with substantial experience in a senior academic leadership role
• Successful track record of academic leadership and team building
• Experienced in cross-disciplinary research initiatives and collaboration
• Well-developed understanding of the priorities, operation and strategy of relevant funding bodies as evidenced by a track record of funded research
• Proven experience of managing staff and their performance
• History of successful training and development of early career researchers, including PhD students
• Demonstrable track record in strategic and operational management and planning in programme management, financial planning and resource allocation
• Experience of leading and successfully initiating and implementing change
• Strong network with renowned international entities and organisations
• Internationally acclaimed with conference papers and journal publications
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Successful candidates are expected to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, supervise graduate students and undergraduate projects and conduct research.
Information about the School can be obtained at http://www.mae.ntu.edu.sg/.
And information about SC3DP can be obtained at http://sc3dp.ntu.edu.sg.
Please logon to the following webpage to submit your application: https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Full-Professor-and-Executive-Director-for-SC3DP_R00000404
Application remains open until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.