Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) http://www.eee.ntu.edu.sg is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and research. With more than 150 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,000 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world and ranks 6th in the field of Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subjects.
The candidate will work closely with a team of staff and students to accomplish the research and laboratory prototype development of a modular multilevel dc-dc power converter. Duties and responsibilities for this job are as follows:
- Study the topology and operating principles of the modular multilevel dc-dc converter for use in future dc power collection grids;
- Investigate submodule and arm energy balancing control strategies for the modular multilevel dc-dc converter controlled under square-wave and quasi square-wave modulation schemes;
- Modeling, control, and stability analysis of the modular multilevel dc-dc converter in dc power collection grid;
- Hardware-in-the-loop simulation to verify the accuracy of circuit parameter design and the performance of proposed control strategies;
- Hardware design and software development of the control system based on a hybrid DSP-FPGA platform and the DSP/BIOS real-time operating system;
- Power circuit design, selection of semiconductor power switches and passive components;
- Site test of the converter prototype in a scaled-down dc grid test system;
- Contribute to conference/journal publications and project reports
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related subjects.
- Expert knowledge in power electronics and dc-dc converters;
- Experience in with hardware-in-the-loop simulation of power converters;
- Experience in setting up hardware and laboratory prototypes of power converters;
- Familiar with the topology and control strategies of the modular multilevel converter;
- Familiar with DSP, microcontroller programming and the real-time embedded operating system DSP/BIOS;
- Able to work independently and passionate about co-operating with team members
Interested candidates please send your CV (resume) with contacts of references to:
Assistant Professor Jack Zhang Xin
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 639798
50 Nanyang Avenue, South Spine, Block S2-B2C-95
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: <Email: email@example.com>
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Application closes when the positions are filled.