Your primary responsibility will involve developing and organizing our master-level project course. Your fellow professors and lecturers will provide you with assistance in this endeavor, enabling you to enhance the current course structure to effectively cater to the requirements of the entire school. Furthermore, leveraging your expertise and interests, you will have the opportunity to teach additional courses at both bachelor and master levels, as well as participate in instructing theses. These courses will be collaboratively designed and implemented alongside your fellow educators. Additionally, we anticipate your active involvement in research and related supporting endeavors.
We are seeking candidates with a comprehensive understanding of software, hardware, and potentially design combined with excellent communication skills. A multidisciplinary mindset and strong pedagogical understanding are also highly valued in this role. While exceptional research skills are important to us, practical abilities, including excellent organizational skills, hold equal significance. The position pertains to the field of electrical engineering, which can be tailored based on the selected individual's background and research interests.
Your experience and ambitions
We are looking for applicants with:
What we offer
The Aalto lecturer career system
- A doctoral degree and proven track record of research in a relevant field
- Excellent written and spoken English skills. Fluency in Finnish is an advantage, but is not required.
- Proven ability to independent responsibility
- Ability to interact and communicate with multiple stakeholders
consists of four levels and in this recruitment, you can be hired as a university teacher, a university lecturer, or a senior university lecturer, depending on your qualifications and experience. The contract includes occupational healthcare benefits.
We also offer you:
- Meaningful and inspiring environment. We are proud of our purpose to shape a sustainable future. We spark the game changers of tomorrow, and renew society with research-based knowledge, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Culture that inspires and includes everyone. All our work is guided by the values of the university: responsibility, courage, and collaboration. It’s the people that create Aalto, now and in the future. We want to be an open community where equality and inclusion enable curiosity, innovation, collaboration and wellbeing.
- Responsible and meaningful role with true impact in our School’s success, and in the end, in the wellbeing and development of our society.
- Support, coaching and sparring whenever you feel you need it.
- Great possibilities for competence development and learning. We constantly keep learning to find the most impactful ways to empower - and invest in - our people.
Our vast array of professional development opportunities means you will grow and learn, having the chance to participate actively in staff trainings and development projects based on your interests and needs. There is great freedom in your role, and we have a flexible modern working culture. We value work-life balance and well-being in all aspects of life.
We work in a hybrid way, and the primary workplace is Otaniemi, Espoo. The Otaniemi campus is a thriving and connected community of 100 nationalities, 13,000 students and 4,500 employees. Life at the campus is vibrant and filled with amazing architecture, calming nature, and a variety of cafes, restaurants, services and good public transportation connections.
Join us in shaping the future!
Ready to apply?
Please submit your application through our recruitment site by using the link "Apply now!” by August 13, 2023
at the latest. To apply, please share the following application materials with us (in PDF format, in English):
- Motivation letter (1-2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae including the list of publications
- Teaching portfolio (please see guidelines here)
- Research statement describing past research and plans for the future research
- Other possible documents relevant to the position
Please note: Aalto University’s employees and visitors should apply for the position via our internal system Workday -> Internal Jobs by using their existing Workday user account.
Please see details about the lecturer’s career path and the general criteria, including information regarding the recruitment process and evaluation at Aalto University here
For more information about the position, please contact Professor Anouar Belahcen, email@example.com
. In questions related to the recruitment process, please contact HR partner Camilla Hanganpää, firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about us and your future colleagues?
You can watch these videos: Aalto University - Towards a better world
, Aalto People , and Shaping a Sustainable Future.
Read more about working at Aalto: https://www.aalto.fi/en/careers-at-aalto
Check out our new virtual campus experience: https://virtualtour.aalto.fi/
Finland is a great place for living with or without family - it is a safe, politically stable and well-organized Nordic society. Finland is consistently ranked high in quality of life and was just listed again as the happiest country in the world. For more information about living in Finland: https://www.aalto.fi/en/careers-at-aalto/living-in-finland