Search for University Jobs in Engineering
Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Tenure-Track Faculty Position
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
The Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department invites applications at the Assistant Professor level for two tenure-track faculty positions beginning August 2024/Fall semester to teach a broad range of courses in manufacturing engineering and industrial engineering with primary responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced manufacturing systems and technologies: The candidate will be responsible for teaching a variety of classes in manufacturing engineering areas, the candidate’s research will focus on advanced manufacturing engineering systems and technologies.
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning with application in manufacturing engineering: The candidate will be responsible for teaching a variety of classes in both industrial engineering and manufacturing engineering areas; the candidate research will focus on AI and machine learning with applications in various areas including manufacturing engineering.
The successful applicant will participate in all aspects of the department’s mission, including teaching, and advising students at the undergraduate and graduate levels, developing curriculum and laboratories, establishing a well-funded research program, and participating in service to the department, college, university, and the profession.
Minimum requirements include:
- D. in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical engineering, or a closely aligned field. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusivity and equity. Evidence should be provided in a Student Success Statement that responds to the prompt above - “Inclusive Excellence and Student Success”
- Academic experience and strength in advanced and traditional manufacturing systems and technologies including, but not limited to, Additive Manufacturing, Semiconductor Manufacturing, MEMS/NEMS, Bio-Manufacturing, Intelligent Manufacturing, Smart/Digital Manufacturing (Digital Twins, AI and Machine Learning with application in manufacturing systems, cloud and reconfigurable manufacturing, human-system interaction using virtual reality, etc.), Sustainable Manufacturing, Plastics, Composite, Machining and Casting
- Industrial experience in the manufacturing-related processes that will enhance teaching and research
- Demonstrated ability in university teaching, mentoring and supervising students, and/or improving industrial and manufacturing engineering curricula
- Demonstrated ability for authoring peer-reviewed publications and/or securing external funds
- Strong communication skill
For more information and to apply, please visit:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |