The Cardiorenal Systems Pharmacology Lab at the University of Georgia, led by Dr. K. MelissaHallow, is seeking a postdoctoral scientist in the Quantitative Systems Physiology and Pharmacology. The responsibilities and opportunities of this position will include:
- developing and utilizing mathematical models of cardiovascular and renal physiology and pharmacology
- working with our industry sponsor, a major pharmaceutical company, to apply modeling to investigate open questions around physiological mechanisms of drug action
- learning about the process of drug development, the role of pharmacometric modeling and building a professional network within the pharmaceutical modeling and simulation community.
- mentoring graduate and undergraduate lab members
- A Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mathematics, data science, systems biology, or a related field
- Experience developing dynamic mathematical models; experience with biological systems is a plus.
- Solid programming and computational skills. Knowledge of R is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with cardiovascular and renal physiology is ideal, but is not necessary
The position remains open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a coverletter and CV with three references.
K. Melissa Hallow
School of Chemical, Materials, and Biomedical Engineering
University of Georgia, Athens, GA