The Department of Information Technology at Georgia Southern University has a visiting instructor position for the 2019‐20 academic year. This position is located on the Statesboro campus, but may require teaching on the other campuses.
At Georgia Southern, limited‐term instructors normally teach fifteen credit hours per semester, hold regular office hours, and participate in departmental meetings and activities. Collegiality is essential. All limited‐term positions are non‐tenure track, academic‐year (9/10 month) appointments. Appointments are for one year only, although there is the possibility of reappointment should funding permit and based upon satisfactory performance. The second year would be a terminal year, without exceptions. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Moving expenses are not included.
- An earned master’s or doctoral degree by July 1, 2019, in information technology, computer science or in a closely related discipline, with at least 18 graduate semester credit hours in information technology or computer science.
- Effective communication skills.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution.
- Proven effective recent teaching experience in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree in information technology or a closely related field preferred.
Screening of applications begins June 1, 2019 and continues until the position is filled. The position starts on August 1, 2019. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above, including a verifiable statement regarding authorization to work unassisted, in the US; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Dr. Ashraf Saad
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org