Postdoc associate in piezoelectrics material processing and multi-functional materials
Advanced Manufacturing and Metamaterials Laboratory (https://www.raynexzheng.com/) directed by Dr. Xiaoyu "Rayne" Zheng at University of California, Los Angeles seeks highly motivated and exceptional postdoc scholars in the broad area of piezoelectric material synthesis and device applications. Our group develops additive micro-manufacturing techniques to pursue innovations in multi-materials, metamaterials and multi-functional devices
- 3D printing piezoelectric materials or/and,
- Mechatronics and device applications or/and
- Device design, fabrication and integration
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences, seminars, and/or technical meetings.
- Collaborate/mentor with other team members to manufacture designed materials with a suite of advanced manufacturing/additive manufacturing techniques.
- PhD in engineering or related field with prior background is desired. Mechanical engineering, civil, material science and engineering, mechanics, or electrical engineering will be considered.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and background in fields related to transducers, sensors, material synthesis and processing, characterizations and polymers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Demonstrated initiative and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of multi-functional materials (piezoelectric, ferroic, actuations and sensing)
- Experience in mechatronics and micro-robotics
- Knowledge in piezoelectric material synthesis
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates should send your detailed CV with full publications, and contact information of at least three reference to Prof. Rayne Zheng (Email: rayne AT seas.ucla.edu)
Job Type: Full-time