The Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre invites applications for a Postdoctoral Associate position in the area of Soft Matter. This project will utilize continuous microfluidic droplet generation methods to produce and isolate amorphous particles from API/excipient systems, with the intent of generating physically and chemically stable solid amorphous dispersions. In addition, these dispersion particles should demonstrate appropriate mechanical properties to allow for subsequent use in oral dosage form development (for example, standard immediate release oral tablet development). This work will be conducted in close collaboration with an industrial sponsor. The Postdoctoral Associate will be reporting to Prof. Patrick S. Doyle (MIT, SMART) and Prof Saif A. Khan (NUS, SMART) and work with their team of researchers and collaborators.
To develop a robust high-throughput process to manufacture amorphous API-excipient particles with desired thermochemical and mechanical properties through thoughtful particle engineering.
- Demonstrate production of stable, amorphous API/Polymer particles and characterization of initial thermochemical and mechanical properties
- Optimize particle/mechanical properties through process modification and excipient selection while maintaining amorphous nature and acceptable performance of material
- Demonstrate continuous isolation and drying of resultant material
- Investigate process scale-up
- Ph.D. degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Materials Engineering, Physics and related disciplines or other relevant fields is required.
- Proven track record in the field of broad areas of soft matter, microfluidics, materials characterization and related disciplines.
- Creativity to solve challenging technical problem with uncertainty.
- Good communication skills to work with researchers and supervise more junior researchers in all aspects of research.
- Able and committed to work in Singapore.
To apply, please visit our website at: http://smart.mit.edu/careers/career-opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to send in their full CV/resume, cover letter and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.