Assistant Teaching Professor - Chemical Engineering
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Responsibilities will consist primarily of teaching the undergraduate laboratory courses with opportunities to teach other undergraduate courses. In addition, opportunities may exist for developing new courses and teaching at the graduate level.
The successful candidate also would be involved in advising undergraduate students, service and outreach activities, and actively participating in continuing efforts to improve the department’s educational mission.
Minimum Qualifications (Required): • B.S. in Chemical Engineering
• Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or a closely related discipline
Additional Considerations: • Experience in Industrial Practice
• Certifications & Professional Licensure (PE)
Preferred Qualifications: • PhD in Chemical Engineering
• Experience in teaching Undergraduate laboratory courses
• Experience in Course/Student assessments/effectiveness
• Relevant industrial experience
• A record of successful teaching at the college level
Special Instructions to Applicants: • Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled. However, the positions may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
• Please include a curriculum vitae, cover letter, teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application. Submission of a sample course syllabus, teaching evaluations and sample of scholarly work/publication is optional.
• For more information, or to apply, please visit: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/505115/assistant-teaching-professor-chemical-engineering
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.