INESC TEC is now accepting grant applications to award 1 Research Initiation Grant (BII) within the scope of the INESC TEC LA funded by National Funds through FCT – Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P., project (reference UIDB/50014/2020)
1. GRANT DESCRIPTION
Type of grant: Research Initiation Grant (BII)
General scientific area: ENGINEERING
Scientific subarea: Systems engineering
Grant duration: 12 months, starting on 2021-07-01
Scientific advisor: António Lucas Soares
Workplace: INESC TEC, Porto, Portugal
Maintenance stipend: € 446,12, according to the table of monthly maintenance stipend for FCT grants (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores), paid via bank transfer. Grant holders may be awarded potential supplements, according to a quarterly evaluation process (Articles 19, 21 and 22 of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and Annex II), up to a maximum limit of 50% of the monthly maintenance stipend.
Costs attributable to INESC TEC may include registration, enrolment or tuition fee stipend, either directly or through reimbursement, during the grant duration.
The grant holder will benefit from health insurance, supported by INESC TEC.
- To broaden the state of the art knowledge in the specific scientific area of the scholarship;
- To identify and select the suitable methods to the study in question;
- To develop the research ability through the application of the selected methods;
- To exercise the critical thinking in the evaluation of the research process and of the results obtained.
3. BRIEF PRESENTATION OF THE WORK PROGRAMME AND TRAINING:
- to elaborate a survey on business intelligence platforms in the automotive industry
- collaborate in the analysis and requirements specification of a digital platform for content management and indicator management;
- to develop a set of dashboards for the automotive cluster;
- to write the scholarship’s activity report.
4. REQUIRED PROFILE:
Degree or bachelor degree on Information Science or Information Systems, or other courses if is currently attending a second cycle in Information Science or Information Systems.
The awarding of the fellowship is dependent on the applicants’ enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of Higher Education Institutions.
- Experience in mangement methods and models and data and information governance; – Experience in the development of performance indicators and it’s specification and implementation in the form of dashboards; – Experience in the production of management analytics reports; – Experience in PowerBI or Tableau platforms; – Experience in the management of digital platforms or enterprises portals; – Experience in projects management.
- Degree or Bachelor’s average higher than 14;
5. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Selection criteria and corresponding valuation: the first phase comprises the Academic Evaluation (AC), based on the criteria referred to in Article 12 of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC, while the second phase comprehends the Individual Interview (EI). All factors are evaluated on a scale of 0 to 100, taking into account the applicants’ merit, suitability and conformity with the preference factors.
The weight of the AC factors are as follows: Academic Qualifications (FA, 50%), Scientific Publications (PC, 10%), Experience (EX, 30%) and Motivation Letter (CM, 10%).
Candidates who score less than 50 points in the AC average will be considered excluded on absolute merit. The top five candidates approved on absolute merit will be qualified for the individual interview. The Final Grade (CF) is obtained by the weighted average of AC (80%) and EI (20%).
The Selection Jury is composed of the following members:
President of the Jury: António Lucas Soares
Full member: Ricardo Augusto Zimmermann
Full member: Ana Cristina Simões
Substitute member: Américo Azevedo
Release of results and prior hearing: the results of the selection process, as well as the terms and procedures for prior hearing, will be released to the applicants by email, under the terms referred to in Article 13 of the Regulations for Studentships and Fellowships of INESC TEC.
6. FORMALISATION OF APPLICATIONS:
1. Motivation letter;
2. Curriculum Vitae (must include the list of previous fellowships, their type, beginning and end dates, funding
entities and host institutions);
3. Certificate or diploma degree dully recognised in Portugal;
- Documents proving the awarding of academic degrees and diplomas, or the according recognition – in cases of academic degrees or diplomas granted by a foreign higher education institution – can be dismissed in the application process, and replaced by the applicant’s declaration of honour, with the verification of said condition taking place during the grant’s hiring stage. The submission of the certificate is mandatory when signing the contract.
- Academic degrees or diplomas awarded by a foreign higher education institution require an authentication by a Portuguese higher education institution, and the corresponding registration on the DGES platform, in conformity with Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16, and Ordinance no. 33/2019, of January 25. More information available on the website
4. Proof of enrollment in a degree awarding study cycle or in a non degree awarding Higher Education program.
- The proof of enrollment may be presented just during the grant hiring stage.
5. Signed declaration stating not having benefited from any other research fellowship (Article 5, no. 5)
6. Documental evidence to support the country of residence, residence permit or other legally equivalent document, in cases where the applicant is a foreigner or non-resident in Portugal – valid until the beginning of the grant.
7. Other supporting documents relevant to the final assessment.
Failure to deliver the required documents within the 90-day period after the date of the notice of the conditional awarding of the grant implies its cancellation.
Application period: From 2021-05-25 to 2021-06-08
Submission of applications: the application will be formalised by submitting the form available in the Work With Us section of INESC TEC website.
7. BINDING LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The hiring process shall comply with the current legislation regarding the Research Grant Holder Statute, approved by Law no. 40/2004 of August 18, in its current wording, as well as by the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC
and for FCT Grants Regulation in force.
For more information, please check the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and relevant annexes at www.inesctec.pt/bolsas