Search for University Jobs in Engineering
Faculty, Lecturer - Mechatronics
Utah Valley University
Faculty, Lecturer - Mechatronics
: Faculty - Non Tenure Track (FT)
Under the direction of the Department Chair, teaches undergraduate Mechatronic Engineering Technology courses and directs course projects. Creates an environment conducive to optimal learning, plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study with measurable objectives. Teaches day, evening, off campus, and online classes as needed or assigned. Participates collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the department and college.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelors of Science in Mechatronics, Electronics Technology or related field with 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful applicant will have a strong background in the following areas:
- Electronic systems, integrating DC and 3-phase/1-phase motors in automated systems.
- Strong knowledge of applied electrical and electronic math and theory.
- Advanced knowledge of subject matter and course content of the courses to be taught which may include courses emphasizing both theory and practice. Topics may include AC/DC motors and electronic systems, steppers, servos, end coders, HMIs, and variable frequency drives.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques in lower division courses.
- Knowledge of student management, motivation, evaluation; evaluation of (peer and self) instruction.
- Knowledge of program and curriculum development and evaluation.
- Knowledge of and expertise in current trends in education, engaged learning and service learning, learning technologies (e.g. digital technologies for classroom management and distance education), public presenting and report and grant writing.
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Skills in setting up and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical hardware.
- Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, agency administrators, and community practitioners from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and initiative in solving problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret the universitys core values (serious, inclusive, engaged) as they apply to student internships.
Master Degree with 10+ years of related industry experience.
Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, move about campus, teach courses.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
FAC34218 Engineering Technology Faculty
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before the review start date. Position is subject to close at any time.
Please provide 3 references within the application form.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/11191
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |