AL-KHOBAR, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA
Position: Lab Instructor in Software Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology
Department: Department of Software Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology
School: College of Computer Engineering and Science
Reports to: Department Chair; College Dean
Technological progress and scientific discoveries have made economic activity mostly knowledge-based and have accelerated growth. It is only possible to meet all the challenges thus imposed, through decisions that are mainly based on research and studies that take into consideration the problems but also anticipate future trends and global expectations. Decision makers are in dire need for research and in-depth and futuristic studies that produce enlightened recommendations and help make the most suitable choices, while avoiding risks and overcoming challenges.
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, and with the expertise, potential and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University is inviting applications for the faculty positions in the Computer Engineering Department in the College of Computer Engineering and Science.
Qualifications & Experience (Required)
- A Minimum of Master's degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science or related field from an accredited, reputable university.
- Candidates should have a minimum 2-3 years academic experience.
- Industrial experience is a Plus.
- Candidates are expected to have excellent command of the English Language.
- Candidates should be familiar with technology infused academic environments.
- Previous experience in the Middle East or GCC countries is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
The members of PMU’s Computer Science faculty will:
- To carry out the duties of the position in accordance with College values and standards and in line with College policies and procedures, upholding high professional standards and leading by example.
- To work with our students as members of a learning community to provide world-class education and an excellent student experience.
- To integrate the College value of inclusiveness into all appropriate aspects of the job, respecting the dignity and diversity of all members of the College community and of visitors to the College.
- To promote the values of collegiality within the College community.
- To contribute at an appropriate level to school and faculty policy and practice in teaching.
- To Work with faculty to determine new hardware and software needs as well as updating the hardware and software of existing labs.
- To play a significant role in the review of labs and in assessment, quality assurance, and quality enhancement as required.
- To support students during their Capstone projects.
- Support students’ extracurricular and club activities
- To develop innovative approaches to learning and teaching as appropriate.
- To provide timely feedback and assessment of coursework and examinations.
- To provide general support and guidance to students, resolving issues and/or referring to specialist parties, where appropriate.
Scholarly and Professional Development and Service
- To maintain an appropriate scholarly or professional development activity and to keep up to date with developments in the field as necessary to carry out the duties of the position.
- To contribute to the overall work of the College and/or equivalent external organizations by representing the institution and faculty on appropriate committees and groups.
- To effectively contribute to the management and administrative processes and committee structures of the School, faculty, and College, as required.
- To participate in, manage, or lead major initiatives or areas of work (as either sustained or one-time projects) that facilitate School, faculty, or College performance and accreditation, as required.
- And to perform any and all other position-related duties as requested by Chair, Dean, Vice President, or President.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
Candidates are expected to have interest and experience in teaching labs related to the following areas:
- Java and Python programming
- Web Programming
- Scripting languages
- Concurrent programming
- Systems programming
- Parallel Programming
- Programming languages
- Software Security
- Mobile development
- Network Security
- Server administration
Remuneration and Benefits
PMU offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, PMU accommodation, annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
How to Apply
Application to this position require a letter of interest, curriculum vita (include a recent photo; state citizenship; and links to Google Scholar & Scopus and LinkedIn profile), unofficial copy of MSc. Diploma,
Positions advertised on our job website can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Note: In the event of an error during the application process and you are unable to complete the application online, please forward your application materials to the email IDs below.
Alternatively, send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the event of an unsuccessful online application. (Please specify Position Applied for: Ex: Lab Instructor in Software Engineering or Computer Science" in the email subject line and please mention the name of the source/website where you have seen this advertisement)
PMU reserves the right to alter, amend and add responsibilities to this position in line with the institutional needs. Changes and amendments to this job description shall be within the academic framework and the general employment conditions.