Professional Officer (All Levels) in Mechanical Engineering and Design
Job no: 498118
Department: Professional Officers
Contract type: Contract
- Design and teach labs & practice modules.
- Mentor students in Capstone Projects and the Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP).
- Lead or co-lead innovation projects with industry.
- Manage labs and equipment to support academic programmes and applied research.
- Ensure safety in labs
- A good degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Masters, PhD and/or relevant professional certifications like registered PE would be advantageous.
- Deep technical specialist with 10 or more years of working experience in mechanical design, systems design or related area in mechatronics would be preferred.
- Experience in following areas are highly desirable.
Material testing and material properties knowledge will be advantageous
Working knowledge of control and PLC systems will be advantageous
Experience with software such as Ansys and Abaqus will be advantageous
Extensive experience and knowledge of industry practices to bring industry perspective to SIT.
Keen interest in innovation projects, with demonstrated ability in developing solutions to technical problems.
Strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
Demonstrate proficiency to keep abreast of development in the field and pursue professional certification programs. Possess industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.
- Mechanical systems development and integration
- Material and components selection including working knowledge with integration and selection of components/systems such as actuators, pumps, hydraulics system
- CAD software such as SolidWorks and PTC Creo
- Finite element and CFD simulation
- Prototyping and fabrication
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time