Postdoc Fellow in Piezoelectric Materials, Sensors and Actuators, and Metamaterials
Advanced Manufacturing and Metamaterials Laboratory (https://www.raynexzheng.com/) directed by Dr. Xiaoyu "Rayne" Zheng at University of California, Los Angeles seeks highly motivated and exceptional postdoc scholars to join our multi-disciplinary team This position is particularly focused on the piezoelectric sensors, actuators and device development. Example projects are 1) Underwater transducers; 2) Piezoelectric robotic actuators; 3) Piezoelectric metamaterials for vibrations and damping.
- Develop piezoelectric materials for sensors or robotic actuators
- Mechatronics, Device design, measurement and testing
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences, seminars, and/or technical meetings.
- Collaborate/mentor with other team members to manufacture designed materials with a suite of advanced manufacturing/additive manufacturing techniques.
- PhD in engineering or related field with prior background is desired. Mechanical engineering, civil, material science and engineering, mechanics, or electrical engineering will be considered.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and background in fields related to transducers, sensors, or material synthesis, processing, characterizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Demonstrated initiative and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately. To apply, interested candidates should send your detailed CV and must include full publications, and contact information of at least three reference to Prof. Rayne Zheng (Email: rayne AT seas.ucla.edu)