The primary purpose of the role is to develop microfluidic devices patterned with tunable surface chemistry using nanoporous materials for separation and mixing applications. The work will involve experimental design, material synthesis, characterization, testing and optimization.
PhD Degree in Materials & Chemical engineering or Mechanical engineering or a closely related science discipline
A. Required Experience:
1. Proven expertise in the area of microfluidics and their applications in mixing and separation.
2. Wide expertise in microfabrication techniques and the use of cleanroom facilities.
3. Wide expertise in materials characterization techniques and analyses.
4. Records of knowledge in mixing and separation techniques in microfluidic devices.
B. Required Skills
- Proactive and work independently in the lab
- Assist and support researchers/grad students in the development and implementation of microfluidic platforms
- Present and report research results and analyses and publish in top rated peer-reviewed journals in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with safety and health requirements
- Writing research proposals
- Operate and maintain the equipment in the laboratory and in cleanroom.
- Arrange for purchasing the required consumables for the lab.