The Rapid-Rich Object SEarch (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are: (i) visual object search, (ii) video analytics & deep learning, and (iii) multimedia forensics & biometrics. Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
Project work involves the design and implementation of a wireless sensor network together with RFID.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of human re-identification algorithms, APIs, and toolkits. This includes:
- Develop an algorithm for human Re-ID across cameras using Deep Networks in the Wild
- Building APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) by using Python or C/C++ to the developed algorithm and testing them for functionality and performance.
The successful applicant will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/
The project involves the human re-identification across surveillance cameras, under realistic conditions (different viewing angles, various weather and illumination conditions). Convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks will be employed.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering.
- Expert practical knowledge of state-of-the-art research in human re-id, and/or object recognition in surveillance videos.
- Applicant should have technical skills in computer vision and machine learning.
- Applicants with experience in deep learning with convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks are highly preferred.
- Ideally, the applicant should have experience working with large-scale datasets.
- Applicant should be comfortable implementing algorithms in languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like PyTorch & TensorFlow, or CUDA programming would be highly beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work from varied backgrounds.
Interested candidates please attach your full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees, and all relevant academic certificates to:
Mdm Wang Qian
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: WangQ@ntu.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Application closes when the positions are filled.