Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor in Power/Energy
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is anticipating hiring a full-time tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
UMass Lowell is a comprehensive four-year university, strategically located 25 miles northwest of Boston in the northeast Massachusetts high-tech region. It is a Carnegie Doctoral High Research (RU/H) university and ranked in the top tier of US News’ National Universities. The department has over 1,000 undergraduate students and over 300 graduate students. An optional co-op program is available to undergraduates. The undergraduate engineering program is based on a design-build-test methodology and is ABET accredited.
For more information on our department at UMass-Lowell, please visit our website at: https://www.uml.edu/engineering/electrical-computer/
- Collaborate with existing faculty members.
- Teach classes to support the undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Develop new courses.
- Advise graduate students.
- Pursue external funding to support research in one of the following areas: Power/Energy: power electronics-low and high power, smart-grids, renewable energy generation, energy harvesting, energy conversion and storage-small and large scale, novel battery systems, power reliability from devices to systems, computational and experimental methods and other areas.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Applicants must have earned Bachelor and Doctoral degrees in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, or closely related disciplines (by the start of the appointment)
Applicants are required to have a record of quality research, teaching and scholarship
The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Appointment to begin fall 2020.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
- Please include a CV, cover letter, teaching statement/philosophy, research statement, and publication list with your application. Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application.
- To apply, please visit: https://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/503622/tenure-track-assistanta…
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.