Established in 1981, the SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (EEE) http://www.eee.ntu.edu.sg is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a culture of excellence, the School is renowned for its high academic standards and research. With more than 150 faculty members and an enrolment of more than 4,000, of which about 1,000 are graduate students, it is one of the largest EEE schools in the world and ranks 6th in the field of Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subjects.
A Research Fellow position is available in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University.
The areas of research include Power Electronics, Hybrid Energy Storage, Control of Advance Converters, Smart/Micro Grid, and/or Wireless Energy Transfer Systems.
The successful applicant will also be involved in producing and publishing research results and additionally he/she may be expected to help in supervising Master and Ph.D. students.
The applicant must have:
- PhD in relevant discipline area
- Good mathematical and analytical thinking skills
- Experience in the control and modulation of power electronics converters
- Knowledge of basic power electronics converters Such as DC-DC, AC-DC, DC-AC and AC-AC converters, Multilevel/hybrid multilevel converters and advance controller
Applicants with the following qualifications will have priority:
- Experience in advance control techniques for power converters
- Experience in multilevel converters
- Experience in hardware hands-on
- Good programming skills
- Good technical writing skills
Interested candidates please send (i) your CV, (ii) the names and contact information of three individuals who will provide reference letters, if requested, and (iii) a brief statement of research interests/plans (no more than two pages) to:
Asst. Prof. Amer Ghias
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue
E-mail Address for E-mailed Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic submission of application is highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.