A research scientist position is available in Dr. Jennifer J. Kang-Mieler's (Stevens) laboratory.
Background: We are seeking a research scientist to perform independent research experiments and assist with the general operation of the laboratory.
- Conducts research experiments, data analysis, and project reporting
- Participates in grant proposal (both independently and in conjunction with Dr. Kang-Mieler) preparation and submission
- Coordinates journal article preparation and submission
- Coordinates and participate in regular laboratory meetings
- Coordinates operational activities in Dr. Kang-Mieler's research laboratory
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards for laboratory operations to ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality control of the laboratory following federal, state, and industry standards and safety regulations
- Provides support and assistance related to facilities and equipment issues, maintenance, and repairs
- Coordinates the ordering, inventory, storage, and maintenance of supplies, lab ware, and instruments
- Coordinates the ordering and maintenance of animals (the PI's lab only)
- Assists faculty and students with designing and executing experiments
- Limited staff supervision, guiding students
Skills and Qualifications: Ph.D. in biomedical engineering (or similar field) and preferably two years of post-doctoral experience. Must be highly organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Preferred to have experience in whole animal experiments
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting your research experience, a detailed CV, and the names and email addresses of three references to Dr. Jennifer Kang-Mieler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for full consideration.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police