The Faculty of Engineering at the National University of Singapore invites applications and nominations for the position of Head of the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
The successful candidate is expected to possess the following attributes:-
- Vision and long-term commitment to bringing the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE) to new heights of international excellence;
- Strong track record of research and scholarship in CEE;
- Transformational leadership and stewardship;
- Team building, organizational and staff management skills;
- Experience in Department development;
- Track record in major initiatives pertaining to research and/or education and institutional advancement; and
- Ability to respond to and take advantage of the changing education, research and industry landscapes
- An earned doctoral in Civil & Environmental Engineering or a closely related field, with the experience and credentials for appointment as a Full Professor in NUS.
To apply, please send (i) Detailed Curriculum Vitae (including research, teaching, leadership, professional and administrative experience); (ii) Publication list; (iii) Statement of Teaching (max 2 pages); (iv) Statement of Research (max 3 pages) – citing up to 5 significant publications, creative work or other scholarly contribution and explaining their significance; (v) Response to the selection criteria by providing examples of relevant experience and achievements (max 3 pages); and (vi) List of six referees with contact details and (vii) NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants to:
Chair of Civil & Environmental Engineering Head Search Committee
c/o Dean’s Office, Human Resources
Faculty of Engineering
National University of Singapore
Block EA, #07-26, 9 Engineering Drive 1,
All applications will be kept in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.