We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to work on a collaborative project in the area of Cybersecurity for Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS). This 2 years project is a collaboration between Qatar University, Virginia Commonwealth University (USA) and the University of Pisa (Italy).
The project is funded by Qatar National Research Fund.
The research project aims to develop a novel framework for assessing and managing ICT security risks of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) to automate risk assessment and management. The successful candidate will:
- Participate in building models of the system and of the attacker. The target system model will describe the various components, the operations they define, their vulnerabilities and the attacks they enable. The model of each attacker will describe the attacker goals, abilities and the information they can access on the target system.
- Collaborate in developing efficient simulation techniques and tools to simulate attack scenarios in order to compute the success probability of an attack and to measure its severity.
- Conduct / assist in penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Develop algorithms and methods for detecting and preventing CPS attacks.
The successful candidate will work with researchers from Qatar, USA and Italy on cutting edge techniques in the area of CPS Cybersecurity.
The contract is for 2 years and the candidate must relocate to Qatar. The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering in an area close to the scope of the project.
- Strong background in Cybersecurity.
- System modeling and simulation experience is a plus.
- Machine learning background is a plus.
- Network traffic analysis is a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Python.
- Unix/Linux OS understanding is preferable
- Good publications record demonstrating ability to conduct quality research.
- Strong English communication skills.
Suitable applications will be reviewed immediately and the review process will continue until the position is filled.
Employment benefits include:
- Competitive, tax-free salary (around $US 82,000 per year tax free)
- Housing allowance
- Annual round-trip air tickets for the candidate and his/her dependents
- Educational allowance for candidate’s children, in accordance with QU HR policies
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members
- Annual paid leave, in accordance with QU HR policies
To apply, candidates should email the following to email@example.com:
- Curriculum Vitae, including lists of publications, educational background and work experience
- Short research statement (maximum 1 page)
- Names and email addresses of at least 3 references