Research Professional for
Wireless Communication Systems
The Resilient Machine Learning Institute (ReMI) at École de Technologie supérieure (ÉTS) is starting a leading-edge R&D team developing advanced real-time machine learning solutions for networking and wireless communications. We are looking for a Research Engineer with solid experience in programming and networking simulators. You will be part of a dynamic team, with exposure to different future products and innovative solutions in the field of networking and wireless communications. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with our industrial partner and improve your technical career. We offer a very competitive salary and a stimulating and competitive work environment.
Who are we?
ReMI is a joint collaboration between ÉTS and the multinational Ultra Electronics to create the first institute of distributed artificial intelligence in Montreal. Reputed for working in tight cooperation with the technological ecosystem, ÉTS has allied itself with Ultra Electronics TCS, a world leader in critical communications systems, to adapt artificial-intelligence techniques for use in systems functioning in extreme conditions. Established in 2019, ReMI will apply its innovations when communication problems arise in the wake of natural disasters or major incidents around the world, such as floods, tsunamis or earthquakes, and even terrorist activities.
Role and Responsibilities
The Research Professional, under the supervision of the CTO of Ultra Electronics TCS and with the help of other researchers, will support and participate in the research projects at ReMI. In particular, he/she will perform various tasks related to the design, testing, and development of machine learning (supervised, reinforcement) combined with symbolic AI methods for networking and wireless communications. These tasks include:
- Leverage and improve upon state-of-the-art machine learning (supervised, reinforcement) methods to solve challenging problems in the wireless communications domain;
- Implement and optimize algorithms developed by students and produce the required documentation;
- Build, debug and maintain test platforms (software and hardware, with more focus on the software part);
- Adapt deep learning algorithms and architectures to exploit best modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU);
- Implement algorithms on SDNs and embedded processors.
- Work towards the long-term goals of the assigned project while identifying intermediate milestones.
- Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong programming skills with emphasis on C++ and Python.
- Background in wireless technology (PHY/MAC/Network).
- Experience in any network simulator such as ns-3, Omnet++, or srsLTE.
- Experience on machine learning is a plus
We believe in and committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill up the application form
and attached their detailed CV. You need a valid Gmail account to fill the form.
For additional information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Ultra Electronics TCS and graduate program at ÉTS, please visit https://www.ultra-tcs.com/