Assistant Professor, Transportation Engineering
North Carolina A&T State University
Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering
North Carolina A&T State University (NCA&T) - The Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering located in Greensboro, North Carolina invites applications for a full-time, 9-month Assistant Professor position in Civil Engineering to begin in Fall 2019. Applicants must hold a PhD in Civil Engineering or a related field. The desired candidate would be able to lead research and teaching in Transportation Engineering. We are specifically seeking candidates with research interest in innovative research areas such as intelligent transportation systems, sensors, drones, autonomous vehicles, transportation operations, traffic operations modeling, urban transportation logistics or supply chain management. The desired candidate must be able to engage and train both undergraduate and graduate students. Successful candidates will be expected to share in our mission to address the challenges of creating a sustainable global society by educating the next generation of HBCU engineers and leaders.
The primary responsibilities for this position include teaching undergraduate level courses, conducting research, student advising, student mentoring and recruitment, curriculum development, conducting scholarly activities to secure external funding and all other activities required for tenure. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, engaging in accreditation procedures, program assessment and service to the department, College and University as needed.
The Successful Candidate will:
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Provide leadership for student organizations and competitions,
- Effectively communicate and instruct,
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills along with a commitment to team building and continuous improvement,
- Be able to work effectively with faculty, students, staff and industry.
- The successful candidate must have earned a PhD with an emphasis in Civil Engineering
- A strong background in Civil Engineering, in particular, Transportation Engineering
- A passion for teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the potential to develop an externally funded independent research program, to publish peer-reviewed scholarly papers in the academic discipline
- Collaborate with researchers across disciplines that are represented in the Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
- Be able to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in civil engineering; demonstrate commitment to promoting and enhancing inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity.
- The School is committed to maintaining and enhancing a diverse environment and the candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Applications received on or before March 31, 2019 will receive full consideration, applications will be accepted after this date until the position is filled.
NC A&T SU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. NC A&T SU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Information about the School the Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering may be found at http://ncat.edu/
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position Assistant Professor on the NCA&T Office of Human Resources' job website https://jobs.ncat.edu/postings/17299
by completing the required online employment application and submitting the related documents. When completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests and teaching philosophy, a list of names and contact information of at least three professional references and copies of official transcripts scanned into an electronic format. A background check will be required for the candidate selected for this position.