Search for University Jobs in Engineering
Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Old Dominion University
The Center for Bioelectronics at Old Dominion University is seeking outstanding candidates for a post-doctoral research associate position with a focus on biosensor & bioelectronics development and organic materials integration. This position is a non-permanent appointment, renewable each year up to a max of two years. The successful candidate will make key contributions to process development for polymeric/ composite materials to integrate sensors and bioelectronic devices. The individual will be responsible for designing, documenting, and implementing materials synthesis techniques pertaining to polymeric films, “smart” materials exhibiting multi-functionality, the design and development of biosensors and bioelectronic devices, and circuit design of wireless implantable and wearable devices. In addition, the qualified individual will play a key role in evaluating aging and compatibility of novel materials for implantable and wearable applications in broad collaboration with other researchers in the lab. Finally, the candidate is expected to serve as a mentor for technicians and students.
- Deep technical skills and knowledge of developing novel biosensor diagnostics and therapeutic devices using principles, materials, and structures that are implantable and wearable.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, as evidenced by a strong academic publication record and presentations at national conferences in a specific technical area.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with established deliverables, milestones, timelines and requirements.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, chemists, materials scientists, etc.
- A solid background in principles of electrical circuits and microfabrication processes.
- Experience with wearable and implantable sensor development, and other circuit development techniques.
- Understand the basic processing, properties and mechanics of soft materials.
- Experience with technical writing in the form of manuscripts, reports, standard operating procedures, and other documentation related to research, process development and associated specifications.
- Experience in working with Biosafety Level-2 (BSL-2), proficiency in standard cell- and molecular-biological techniques, and real-time imaging of biosensors.
Minimum Qualifications - Education or training
A Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials/Polymer Science, Chemistry, Materials Engineering, or a related field is required.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |