Artificial Intelligence and Modeling Lab for Cardiovascular Diseases (AIMCardio Lab), at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell is currently offering a Postdoc position with a salary level that aligns with NIH standards:
We seek candidates who are self-motivated, reliable, energetic, and passionate about fluid-structure interaction (both computational and experimental) and its applications for cardiovascular diseases and medical devices.
AIMCardio Lab has long-standing collaborations with several U.S. hospitals (Geisinger Medical Center, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Boston Children's Hospital, Children's Hospital of Atlanta, etc.), and medical device companies (Abbott, Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Phillips, etc). Please refer to the latest research at: https://sites.uml.edu/zhenglunalan-wei/
· A PhD or equivalent degree in engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, and Aerospace), applied mathematics, or related fields.
· Experience with flow visualization techniques, such as Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV),
or experience with fluid-structure interaction modeling
· Conduct a variety of team-oriented and independent investigations in the planning, development, and implementation of original experimental procedures within the overall scope of the research project.
· Collect, analyze and report on experimental data; create and maintain accurate and timely records of test results and protocol design; publish research findings in conference proceedings and high-impact research journals.
· Exercise independent responsibility for project outcomes, and design research for others to conduct.
· Actively participate in soliciting funds through various federally funded research grant mechanisms (NIH, NSF etc.), and translational research funds.
· Participate in industry projects.
· Work on innovation oriented technological projects with potential for commercialization.
· Mentor graduate students, undergraduate students, and technicians.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send a single PDF containing the following items to ZhenglunAlan_Wei@uml.edu with a “Postdoc Application” in the subject line.
· Curriculum Vitae
· Most recent transcripts
· Three representative journal articles