The Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory led by Dr. Ketki Lichade in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University at Buffalo invites applications for one or two fully funded Ph.D. student positions starting in Spring 2024 and Fall 2024. University at Buffalo is one of the top public universities in the US and is classified among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High research activity".
Dr. Ketki Lichade is an assistant professor at the University at Buffalo. Her research interests are in the intersection of Additive Manufacturing, Functional Materials, Surface Engineering, and Bioinspired Design approaches.
We are conducting interdisciplinary research projects focusing on advanced manufacturing, hybrid manufacturing, and smart manufacturing with an emphasis on multidisciplinary applications, including electronics, optics, biomedical, and microfluidics.
The Advanced Manufacturing Lab is recruiting highly motivated Ph.D. students with the following qualifications:
- Prior research experience in areas related to advanced manufacturing (Publication record is strongly desired).
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, computer engineering, manufacturing engineering, or a closely related field.
- Programming experience in Python/C++/MATLAB is optional but desired.
- Ideal candidates should be passionate and should have excellent communication skills to collaborate and interact with peers.
- Contact information of at least 3 references. References will be contacted if selected for interview.
Applicants must submit: 1) CV; and 2) transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of the applications will start upon receipt and continue until the positions are filled.