Postdoctoral Fellowship in Electrical Engineering
with Focus on the application of Machine Learning and optimization tools to wireless networks
Thriving in today's economy requires the fusion of cutting-edge innovations to produce a ground-breaking product that excels in every performance measure. Artificial intelligence (AI), enabled by machine learning (ML), has revolutionized technology and opened venues in many fields. Under the supervision of Pro. Georges Kaddoum, we are pleased to announce the vacancies for of several postdoctoral fellowships in the Electrical Engineering department at École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS). These postdoc positions are part of collaborative projects between Prof. Kaddoum and other leading universities and tech-companies to foster innovative ML-based solutions to tackle the future challenges of wireless networks. Some of the involved topics include radio resource management, clustering, FANET, networking, Ultra-dense heterogeneous networks, transmission security, and others.
Applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree with an excellent/very-good GPA in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a related discipline. He/she should demonstrate excellent English skills in writing, communication, and presentation. Additionally, he/she must be strongly motivated for scientific research and demonstrate the ability to work independently and to perform critical analysis. In addition to:
- Excellent academic record, particularly in the analytical and theoretical subjects.
- Solid background in wireless communications (PHY/MAC).
- Strong theoretical knowledge of stochastic processes and mathematical foundations of modern machine learning systems and techniques.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong programming skills in Python, MATLAB, and related frameworks for UAV simulation.
- Experience in machine learning frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras is a plus.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform research and participate in research activities to advance science and technology of intelligent wireless networks, hence publishing scientific articles in conferences and journals periodically.
- Mentor students.
- Writing scientific proposals.
The postdoctoral fellow will be hosted by École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS), a trusted name in the Canadian industry with a rapidly growing reputation in research. With its state-of-the-art facilities, the postdoc experience at ÉTS allows the candidates to advance their intellectual rigor, their scientific curiosity and the creativity they need to resolve complex issues both in the industry and in challenging scientific research.
The award candidate will be affiliated with the Communication and Microelectronic Integration Laboratory (LaCIME)
. It brings together internationally renowned researchers supported by a team of students, trainees and professionals who use state-of-the-art tools to conduct innovative and highly applied research. This facility provides a world-class wireless communication R&D environment to develop hardware/software of future-generation physical-layer solutions for high-performance wireless communication networks.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the form in this link https://forms.gle/vHRtAznWT4iPk8bj8
and attach the following documents, in a single PDF file
, with the shown order:
- Detailed CV
- PhD, M.Sc. & B.Sc. transcrits
- Softcopy of all publications
- Statement of purpose for the envisioned research in the context of this scholarship.
- Letters of recommendations are a plus
- Contact info of two references
For additional information, please visit the website of Prof. Kaddoum https://www.etsmtl.ca/Professeurs/gkaddoum/Accueil?lang=en-CA
, or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org