Required Qualifications (As evidenced by an attached resume):
PhD (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related field by September 2021.
Three (3) years of research experience in at least one of the following areas: nanomaterials, sensors, actuators, soft robotics, flexible/stretchable electronics, advanced manufacturing. Interdisciplinary background is a plus.
Brief Description of Duties:
The Postdoctoral Associate will assist the Principal Investigator (Dr. Shanshan Yao) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Stony Brook University with the supervision and management of laboratory activities. The incumbent will conduct scientific research and ensure that all experiments are appropriately conducted following the policies and procedures of Stony Brook University
- Within the predetermined research scope and methodology, conduct research experiments in the field of nanomaterials, deformable structures, advanced manufacturing, wearable sensors, and soft actuators
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant proposal development and writing
- Lab maintenance and development of customized equipment for device fabrication
- Other duties as assigned, which may include mentoring graduate and undergraduate students, and attending scientific conferences and meetings.
This is a full time, temporary six month appointment. Please detail your research experience and research interests, and include your resume/CV and other supporting materials (e.g. publications, transcripts).