JOB TITLE: Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
POSITION NUMBER: AS9100
HIRING SUPERVISOR: Department Chair
DEPARTMENT: Electrical & Computer Engineering
TYPE: Full Time
Teach courses in Computer Engineering as assigned by the Department Chair, usually 9 credit hours per semester. Serve the department, college and the profession by undertaking committee work and leadership roles and by advising students. Carry out scholarly work, including applied research.
- Teaches and develops undergraduate and graduate courses in Computer Engineering.
- Develops and sustains strong externally-funded research programs.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Directs student engineering projects.
- Participates in professional and University service activities.
- Keeps regular office hours to provide easy access to students.
- Maintains current knowledge in fields of expertise.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Ph.D.; more than 10 years related experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Lawrence Technological University (LTU) conducts pre-employment screening on initial candidates for all positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, license, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. A list of three references with contact information, and statements of teaching philosophy and research goals. Consideration of applications will begin November 22, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled. Effective date of employment is August, 2024.
Lawrence Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.