Postdoc associate in piezoelectrics material processing and multi-functional materials
Advanced Manufacturing and Metamaterials Laboratory (https://www.raynexzheng.com/) directed by Dr. Xiaoyu "Rayne" Zheng at University of California, Los Angeles seeks highly motivated and exceptional postdoc scholars in the broad area of piezoelectric material synthesis and design. Our group draws on principles from mechanics, material science and advanced manufacturing techniques to pursue innovations on 3D hierarchical, multi- material architected metamaterials and explore their extraordinary structural and functional properties for a wide range of applications in structural, flexible electronics and energy conversions.
- Synthesize, processing and manufacture custom piezoelectric materials
- and/or, conduct device design, fabrication and testing
- Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific or technical journals and present results at external conferences, seminars, and/or technical meetings.
- Collaborate/mentor with other team members to manufacture designed materials with a suite of advanced manufacturing/additive manufacturing techniques.
- PhD in engineering or related field with prior background is desired. Mechanical engineering, civil, material science and engineering, mechanics, or electrical engineering will be considered.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and background in fields related to transducers, sensors, material synthesis and processing, characterizations and polymers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Demonstrated initiative and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of multi-functional materials (piezoelectric, ferroic, actuations and sensing)
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates should send your detailed CV with full publications, and contact information of at least three reference to Prof. Rayne Zheng (Email: rayne AT seas.ucla.edu)
Job Type: Full-time