The Department of Civil Engineering at the National Taiwan University invites applications for tenure track faculty positions, including all levels of assistant, associate, and full professors. Applicants with expertise and research interests in one or more of the following areas are welcome.
Engineering Materials, Structural Engineering, and Earthquake Engineering; Theoretical, Experimental, or Computational Fluid Mechanics, Hydrology, Hydraulics, Water Resources Engineering, River and Coastal Engineering
Intended starting date: August 1, 2023
The Department of Civil Engineering at National Taiwan University (NTUCE) was founded in 1945 and has since been the largest and leading one among all Civil Engineering Departments in Taiwan. The Department has access to several well-established world-class research facilities and NTUCE faculty and alumni partake in the planning, design, and construction of many well-known national public projects in Taiwan. Having a close-knit network with the government, academia, and industries, NTUCE establishes a multilateral platform and promotes interdisciplinary collaboration. It has not only been accredited by the Washington Accord but also ranked 29 in the 2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject in Civil and Structural Engineering. It also offers fully English-taught programs for both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
International applicants are encouraged to apply as we are committed to fostering future global leaders in practice and academia. Currently, there are several funding opportunities and special stipends, especially for junior faculties from Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology and Ministry of Education. The Department will assist our new faculties in applying for these specific grants/stipends.
Each applicant should hold a doctoral degree in Civil Engineering or a highly related field by the starting date and must provide the following materials:
- A cover letter;
- Application Form for Faculty Position;
- A curriculum vitae that states academic and work experience, expertise, list of publications, and courses that can be taught;
- A statement of research plans for the next five years (6 pages maximum);
- A copy of the official doctorate degree certificate, if available;
- A copy of the transcript of graduate studies (if applicants are applying for a position of an assistant professor);
- Contact information of 3 to 5 references;
- A list of publications;
- One representative technical paper published within five years before the intended starting date and at most five selected technical papers published within seven years before the planned starting date (can be downloaded from https://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/en/faculty-position-opening-at-the-department-of-civil-engineering-national-taiwan-university-5/)
Applicants should submit an application package through e-mail to Dr. Shang-Hsien Hsieh, Professor and Chairman, Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University at firstname.lastname@example.org and carbon copy to Ms. Chang, Chia-Lin at email@example.com at the same time. Electronic files of items 2, 7, and 8 should be in Word format, and the rest can be in PDF format. The application deadline is July 31, 2022. For more information, please visit our website (http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/en/ ).