The School of Engineering at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering to begin teaching in Fall 2018. The vacancy is in the area of Construction Engineering and Management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil or Construction Engineering.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely related field from a US-accredited institution at the time of appointment.
- Ability to teach undergraduate civil engineering courses such as statics, construction materials, and engineering graphics.
- Research expertise in one or more of the following areas: building information modeling, integrated project delivery systems, megaproject management, and construction automation and instrumentation.
- Ability to mentor graduate students and supervise master’s theses.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
The School of Engineering at AUD offers ABET-accredited undergraduate programs leading to Bachelor of Science degrees in Civil, Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering, and the department of Civil Engineering offers a Master of Science in Construction Management. Our curricula are supported by state-of-the-art labs and facilities, a diverse group of faculty with outstanding expertise, and solid links with the professional community. With local and international accreditations in place and through a broad education grounded in cultural diversity and technical excellence, our graduates continue to be highly sought at the regional and global levels.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children’s tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.