INESC TEC is now accepting grant applications to award 1 Research Grant (BI) within the scope of the WalkingPAD funded by Fundo Europeu de Desenvolvimento Regional (FEDER) through the Operational Program Regional North – NORTE 2020 and by National Funds through the FCT – Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P., project (reference PTDC/MEC-VAS/31161/2017 (NORTE-01-0145-FEDER-031161)
1. GRANT DESCRIPTION
Type of grant: Research Grant (BI)
General scientific area: COMPUTER SCIENCE,ENGINEERING
Grant duration: 11 months, starting on 2020-11-01with the possibility of being renewed for a maximum term of two years, in the cases of students enrolled in a master’s degree.
Scientific advisor: Hugo Paredes
Workplace: INESC TEC, Vila Real, Portugal
Maintenance stipend: € 798,00, according to the table of monthly maintenance stipend for FCT grants, paid via bank transfer. Grant holders may be awarded potential supplements, according to a quarterly evaluation process (Articles 19, 21 and 22 of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and Annex II), up to a maximum limit of 50% of the monthly maintenance stipend.
Costs attributable to INESC TEC may include registration, enrolment or tuition fee stipend, either directly or through
reimbursement, during the grant duration.
The grant holder will benefit from health insurance, supported by INESC TEC.
- expand the knowledge of the state of the art in the grant specific scientific domain;
- identify and select the appropriate methods for the study;
- develop the research capacity through the application of the selected methods;
- apply a critical spirit in the evaluation of the research process and the results obtained.
3. BRIEF PRESENTATION OF THE WORK PROGRAMME AND TRAINING:
- lead the requirements’ specification of a web platform for the supervision of physical exercise;
- implement the requirements as microservices;
- develop a web interface to interact with the system;
- perform usability tests of the web platform;
- write the grant activity report.
4. REQUIRED PROFILE:
Degree in Informatics, Computer Science or similar. The awarding of the grant is dependent on the applicants’ enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of Higher Education Institutions.
The awarding of the fellowship is dependent on the applicants’ enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of Higher Education Institutions.
- experience with NoSQL databases – experience with MVC web development frameworks – use of integration API of open source geographic information systems – excellent performance in the software development courses
- Degree classification equal or higher than 15 values;
5. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Selection criteria and corresponding valuation: the first phase comprises the Academic Evaluation (AC), based on the criteria referred to in Article 12 of the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC, while the second phase comprehends the Individual Interview (EI). All factors are evaluated on a scale of 0 to 100, taking into account the applicants’ merit, suitability and conformity with the preference factors.
The weight of the AC factors are as follows: Academic Qualifications (FA, 60%), Scientific Publications (PC, 0%), Experience (EX, 20%) and Motivation Letter (CM, 20%). Candidates who score less than 50 points in the AC average will be considered excluded on absolute merit. The top five candidates approved on absolute merit will be qualified for the individual interview. The Final Grade (CF) is obtained by the weighted average of AC (80%) and EI (20%).
The Selection Jury is composed of the following members:
President of the Jury: Hugo Paredes
Full member: João Barroso
Full member: Paulo Martins
Substitute member: Arsénio Reis
Release of results and prior hearing: the results of the selection process, as well as the terms and procedures for prior hearing, will be released to the applicants by email, under the terms referred to in Article 13 of the Regulations for Studentships and Fellowships of INESC TEC.
6. FORMALISATION OF APPLICATIONS:
1. Motivation letter;
2. Curriculum Vitae (must include the list of previous fellowships, their type, beginning and end dates, funding entities and host institutions);
3. Certificate or diploma degree dully recognised in Portugal;
l Documents proving the awarding of academic degrees and diplomas, or the according recognition – in cases of academic degrees or
diplomas granted by a foreign higher education institution – can be dismissed in the application process, and replaced by the applicant’s declaration of honour, with the verification of said condition taking place during the grant’s hiring stage.
4. Proof of enrollment in a degree awarding study cycle or in a non degree awarding Higher Education program.
l The proof of enrollment may be presented just during the grant hiring stage.
5. Signed declaration stating the infringement of the grant holder’s duties (article 14, no. 4)
6. Documental evidence to support the country of residence, residence permit or other legally equivalent document, in cases where the applicant is a foreigner or non-resident in Portugal – valid until the beginning of the grant.
7. Other supporting documents relevant to the final assessment.
Failure to deliver the required documents within the 90-day period after the date of the notice of the conditional awarding of the grant implies its cancellation.
Application period: From 2020-09-23 to 2021-10-07
Submission of applications: the application will be formalised by submitting the form available in the Work With Us section of INESC TEC website.
7. BINDING LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The hiring process shall comply with the current legislation regarding the Research Grant Holder Statute, approved by Law no. 40/2004 of August 18, in its current wording, as well as by the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and for FCT Grants Regulation in force.
For more information, please check the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and relevant annexes at www.inesctec.pt/bolsas