ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING – Numerical Methods and Simulations in Thermofluids (Thermodynamics; Fluid Dynamics and Transport Phenomena; Applications of Transport Phenomena in Carbon Capture, Storage and Use – CCS / CCUS)
→ Apply until 02/June/2018 16:00 (Brasilia time/ BRAZIL) UTC/GMT -3:00 hour
→ Area of Study: Numerical Methods and Simulations in Thermofluids
→ 100% Assistant professor tenure-track
→ University of São Paulo – Brazil
→ Mechanical Engineering Department of Polytechnic College
→ More information visit: http://www.rcgi.poli.usp.br/opportunities/doctor-assistant-professor-opportunity/
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF SÃO PAULO
Founded in 1934, the University of São Paulo (USP) is the largest Brazilian public university and most prestigious educational institution in Latin America, located in the state of São Paulo, Brazil.
It is the top best South American university in most of the World University Rankings of 2018, being a leading centre of academic excellence in the region. Has a vibrant and diverse student population of about 90.000 students (60.000 undergraduate and 30.000 graduate) enrolled within 200 undergraduate and 200 postgraduate programmes offered by the university across a full range of academic disciplines.
It has a strong track record of alumni that have become CEO at the world’s largest companies as well as twelve Brazilian presidents.
ABOUT RCGI – RESEARCH CENTRE FOR GAS INNOVATION
The RCGI – Research Centre for Gas Innovation appears as a world centre for advanced studies of the sustainable use of natural gas, biogas, hydrogen and management, transport, storage and usage of CO2. With a budget of US$ 60M for the first 5 years, the centre, based at the University of São Paulo, is the result of FAPESP (São Paulo State Funding Agency) and SHELL partnerships in support of high-level scientific research for the development of the energy sector. Its activities are based on three pillars: research, innovation and dissemination of knowledge.
The RCGI brings together a team of researchers from various fields of science and technology for the development of the gas and energy industries. The projects are structured in four research programmes: Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Energy Policies & Economics and CO2 Abatement. With the integration of researchers and the complementarity of their programmes, the RCGI offers innovative solutions to the technological problems related to natural gas, biogas, hydrogen and CO2 emissions as well as providing support for the improvement of energy policies in the State of São Paulo, in Brazil and worldwide.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering of the Polytechnic College of USP has a vacancy for a full-time position of a Doctor Assistant Professor (Docent, Tenure Track), who will be in charge of academic teaching (in Portuguese or English), scientific research and carrying out scientific duties in the area of Numerical Methods and Simulations in Thermofluids (Thermodynamics; Fluid Dynamics and Transport Phenomena; Applications of Transport Phenomena in Carbon Capture, Storage and Use) in the Research Centre for Gas Innovation (www.usp.br/rcgi).
The candidate must hold a PhD or a Doctorate in Science or Engineering earned from an accredited university with experience in one or more of the following areas: Numerical Methods and Simulations in Thermofluids (Thermodynamics; Fluid Dynamics and Transport Phenomena; Applications of Transport Phenomena in Carbon Capture, Storage and Use).
- Excellence in academic research in the given areas, which is clearly reflected in outstanding publications in national and international peer-reviewed books and/or journals.
- Didactically skilled to teach university students to develop academic competencies.
- Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
- Recommended but not mandatory are:
- Experience in supervising research and/or coaching PhD students;
- International mobility, among other things thanks to research stays at institutions external to the one where the candidate acquired the highest academic degree;
- Familiarity with the new teaching media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment.
MAIN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (please check the complete text of the Public Tender – EP/Concursos – 017/2018 at http://www.rcgi.poli.usp.br/opportunities/doctor-assistant-professor-opportunity/ )
- The candidate must prove he holds a PhD or Doctorate in Science or Engineering granted by USP, recognized by it or of national validity already accepted as equivalent under Article 94, inc. I, of the Graduate Regiment (Resolution n ° 7,493 / 2018); recognized by USP; or of national validity.
It is recommended to initiate this procedure immediately. In order to initiate the equivalence process, the candidate should send a cover letter addressed to COMISSÃO DE PÓS-GRADUAÇÃO, for the President of the Committee Professor Raul Gonzalez Lima, requesting the analysis of the equivalence of the PhD diploma and thesis in the exclusive jurisdiction of the University of São Paulo, for the participation in this Tender. Attached to the letter send a pdf copy of the doctorate thesis and a copy of the doctorate diploma. It should be sent to the e-mail: email@example.com with the title: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR POSITION – EQUIVALENCE PROCESS.
- The foreign candidate approved in the public examination and indicated to the position can only be hired if he presents a temporary or permanent Visa that provides the exercise of remunerated activity in Brazil during the period.
- Please consult the complete information at http://www.rcgi.poli.usp.br/opportunities/doctor-assistant-professor-opportunity/
SALARY: R$ 10,670.76 reais per month (13 gross salaries per year) and a Research Grant of about R$ 930,000 reais (gross value) to be applied in research projects of the RCGI in up to 48 months (depending upon hours dedicated to research in specific projects of RCGI). This Research Grant can be employed as a salary supplementation of the faculty member, following the rules of the University of São Paulo and the Brazilian Federal and São Paulo State Innovation Laws.
MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION AT:
RCGI Director of Human Resources and Leadership
Phone: +55 11 2648-6225
REFERENCE POSITION: ASSISTANT_PROFESSOR