Open Faculty Positions – Civil and Environmental Engineering at KAIST
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is seeking applications for multiple tenure-track faculty positions in all ranks.
KAIST is the most pre-eminent research university in Korea emphasized in science and engineering. KAIST was established in 1971 as the nation’s first graduate school specialized in science and engineering education and research. KAIST has provided a framework and infrastructure in various R&D areas, emphasized on fundamental science and application engineering not only in Korea but also to world-wide.
KAIST Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) Department established in 1982 has been the number one for the last two decades in Korea and currently has world-class level of publication. Further, the department has a vision to continue to grow and become a top-tier CEE department in the world in the near future. The department currently has 30 faculty members including 20 full-time tenure track professors in four divisions (SURE): Sustainable environment, smart Urban systems, Resilient infrastructure, and Energy infra-systems. All tenure-track faculty members will be evaluated under a western-style eight year tenure system, which helps to maintain the high quality of research and education and prepare for global competition.
(a) Preferred expertise in future sustainable issues and their solutions:
- Assessment and mitigation of climate change impacts on environmental infra-structures
- Mining and utilization of environmental big data
- Water, energy, and resource management to minimize carbon foot-print
(b) Professionals on ultrapure water production
- Devices and methodologies for ultrapure water analysis
- Materials for ultrapure water production
- Ultrapure water process monitoring and optimization
- Wastewater reuse and resource recovery
- Applicants are expected to have demonstrated an excellent potential for both research and education at KAIST.
- Applicants with pioneering research initiatives, and/or strong industrial applications are all welcome.
- Applicants should have earned a Ph.D. level degree in her/his expertise area.
- Applicants expecting to earn a doctoral degree must be able to pass their final thesis exam (advisor’s confirmation required) within 9 months of the date of job application and receive the said degree before the date of appointment.
3. Application Period
- June 15, 2022 ~ July 15, 2022
4. How to Apply
- Please submit the following documents by email directly to Head of Search Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Application package should include:
※ Do not include personal information (Photo, School and age).
- A formal application in the designated application form, which includes Summary of Key Achievements, Plan of Teaching, Plan of Research, and Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information.
- Academic/Research Achievements
- Curriculum Vitae
- Five selected publications
※ For successful applicants passed document-screening, three recommendation letters need to be submitted (six letters for the tenured associate professor and professor).