One postdoc position is available now in Professor Yan Li’s research group at Dartmouth College. The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary environment with NASA JPL, DOE labs and industries to develop high-temperature effective piezoelectric composites.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- PhD degree with background in computational materials science, experimental mechanics or a related field.
- Proficiency in performing structural Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and thermal-mechanical analysis using Abaqus.
- Research experience in architected piezoelectric composites and polymer derived ceramics is preferred.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Laser scribing
- Digital Image Correlation analysis
- In-situ SEM testing
Application Details: To apply, please email Prof. Yan Li with your CV, cover letter and the full contact details of three professional references. Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women and members of minority groups.
About Dartmouth: Dartmouth College is a private ivy league research university located in Hanover, New Hampshire. It is ranked #12 of the National Universities in U.S according to the 2020 edition of Best Colleges. Dartmouth has one of the oldest professional schools of engineering in the country offering an engineering sciences education unencumbered by departmental divisions that fosters cross-disciplinary innovation in research and teaching. Thayer School of Engineering offers a unique unified program of engineering sciences that fosters cross-disciplinary innovation in research and teaching. It is a great place to think, pair and share. Dartmouth values work-life balance by offering a variety of social, arts, and sports activities throughout the year.