Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer/Asst. Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Computer Science (Rank based on qualifications and experience)
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Reports to: Dean of School of Arts and Sciences
Deadline: January 15th, 2020 (open until filled)
Commencement Date: August 1st, 2020 (or earlier)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The University of Central Asia is seeking faculty members for the Computer Science programme to teach at UCA’s campus in Naryn, the Kyrgyz Republic starting August 2020. In your role as faculty member, you will be contributing to the development and implementation of a new Computer Science curriculum that has been designed in partnership with the University of Toronto in Canada.
Academic programmes combine the student-centered environment of a liberal arts college with the intellectual excitement of being at the frontiers of knowledge offered by a research university. The language of instruction for undergraduate studies in English, with a requirement that all undergraduate students be fluent in their native language and Russian. As a Faculty Member, you will be dedicated to teaching in small classes and providing each student with personal academic attention to ensure they master and apply the material. You will help students appreciate and develop an interdisciplinary approach to the fields of computer science, information technology, and entrepreneurship.
Lastly, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to continue their research and develop new research for UCA in Central Asia, actively creating pathways to engage students in the research programme. Applicants should thus demonstrate research excellence and a commitment to establishing a foundation of knowledge for students new to the field.
- Master’s in Computer Science or closely related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of Russian is an asset
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a teaching team; flexibility and the ability to work in a constantly-evolving academic endeavour is essential;
- Experience in teaching in Central Asia would be a valuable asset;
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching and students;
- Experience using innovative teaching methods and evaluation methodologies.
- A proven ability to publish research in high-quality journals
- Regular attendance and experience with presenting at international conferences
- Experience in conducting research in Central Asia would be a valuable asset
- Aware of current and future industry trends; a strong network of industry contacts to support internship programmes, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
Rank will be based on the candidate’s prior experience and record.
The job description is subject to change.
Salary and Package
Commensurate with qualification and experience to attract the best candidate.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e. Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please visit the AKDN Career Centre (URL: https://krb-jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=3002…th January 2020. At the application stage, you should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- List of published work and link to the google scholar profile
- List of at least three references who may attest to your teaching/research experience
- Teaching evaluations (if applicable)
- Research and/or teaching statements (if available)
For more information about UCA please visit https://www.ucentralasia.org
Review other job vacancies at http://www.ucentralasia.org/About/CurrentVacancies