Assistant Teaching Professor - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Systems Engineering Program in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at WPI is seeking applications and nominations for a full-time (non-tenure track) faculty position at the Assistant Teaching Professor Level.
Primary duties of the position will include teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses and advising student capstone projects as part of the WPI Systems Engineering (SE) Program. The candidate will also be encouraged to participate in program research activities.
A secondary responsibility will be to assist the professional staff of the Systems Engineering Program and Corporate and Professional Education (CPE) office in further growth and development of WPI's Systems Engineering Program
The successful candidate will have an earned Ph.D. in engineering with a strong systems engineering background, with teaching experience at the graduate level and current active participation in systems engineering organizations.
- Teach a minimum of four graduate SE courses per year. This will be a combination of on-campus, on-line, and on-site courses.
- Work with the Academic Director of Systems Engineering and the systems engineering program faculty on the development of new courses and new teaching materials
- Contribute to the development of an overall future vision of Systems Engineering education and training
- Maintain an active involvement in systems engineering organizations including, but not limited to, active participation in INCOSE, the IEEE Systems Council, and the NDIA Systems Engineering Division
- Develop/maintain a research program that advances the state of the art or application of systems engineering methods
- Publish and present papers in journals and at technical conferences that advance the body of knowledge in Systems Engineering
- Work with the business and program development staff to identify and meet customer needs, including participation in customer meetings, conference calls, and attendance at relevant industry events
- Advise and support to the extent possible up to two Ph.D. students
- Ph.D. degree in engineering with a strong systems engineering background
- Teaching experience at the graduate level
- Current active participation in systems engineering organizations
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Teaching-Professor_R0000056
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.