Faculty - Assistant Professor - Computer and Electrical Engineering
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Engineering Department (https://www.uvu.edu/cet/departments.html
) at Utah Valley University invites applications for a Tenure Track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Spring 2019. The successful candidate will hold a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering or a closely related field and be expected to teach undergraduate computer engineering and electrical engineering courses.
Will teach students to understand and appreciate computer and electrical engineering topics. Design courses and prepare instructional materials. Cultivate a student-centered learning environment, and help students succeed. Assess teaching results and apply results to improve courses, curriculum, and teaching effectiveness.
Will support department, university, and community through service such as committees and special projects. Fully support the university and program level accreditation efforts. Engage in scholarly activities, including research and keeping current in the latest developments in the field.
Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
Ability to teach general computer engineering topics.
Demonstrated strength in, and a passion for teaching.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following fields: parallel & distributed systems, mobile systems, embedded systems, VLSI design, digital signal processing, electronics, networking and security, image processing, robotics, programming languages (C, Matlab, VHDL, Verilog, C++, Java, etc.), and computer architecture.
- Knowledge and expertise of subject matter and content in the areas of computer engineering, electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of current trends and research in the field of computer engineering and electrical engineering.
- Skills in interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making.
- Skill in effective instructional strategies and techniques.
- Skills in presentation of course materials and learning experiences.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to engage, motivate, and evaluate students.
- Ability to work with the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly growing and changing institution.
- Ability to teach general computer and electrical engineering topics.
Professional Engineer (PE).
Physical ability to teach in a classroom setting.
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
FAC31218 Computer Science Faculty 05/01/2019
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Chronicle of Higher Education
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/8977
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.