The Turbomachinery and Heat Transfer Laboratory, located at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology currently has an opening for Ph.D. student with prior degrees in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace Engineering, or related field. The selected individual will conduct his research in one or more of our ongoing efforts, geared towards advanced measurement techniques development:
- Multispectral Infrared Thermography of Unknown-Emissivity Targets,
- Multi-Hotwire High Speed Constant Temperature Anemometry,
- Induction Phase Radiometry for Thermal Barrier Coating Properties Assessment.
- A pre-existing solid background, or a strong desire to acquire knowledge, in the following subjects is essential: Advanced Measurement Techniques, Data Processing, Radiation Heat Transfer, Multiphysics Modelling.
- Expertise in finite element / volume solvers (such as COMSOL, ANSYS, Fluent, CFX), and proficiency in MATLAB is a strong benefit.
- High level of English language proficiency is desirable.
- Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, hardworking and team players.
The laboratory is located on campus, and close to the Haifa city center. We maintain a very friendly environment, which will provide easy adaptation for the selected applicant.
Applications should be sent to Assoc. Prof. Beni Cukurel (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Subject Line "Ph.D. Student Application + Your Full Name"
Required Documents: In order to apply, please submit a short cover letter; Curriculum Vitae; and, academic degree certificate(s) and transcript(s).
For further information, please visit http://bcukurel.net.technion.ac.il/