The Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering (ACSE) invites applications for the position of Chair of Control and Power Systems. We seek to recruit a Chair to provide academic leadership and drive forward our research agenda, in an area of strategic importance for the Department and University.
We are looking for a visionary researcher, with a strong international reputation, world leading research publications and a strong track record of research funding in a relevant research area including:
· Advanced monitoring, control and optimisation in smart grids;
· Decentralised and distributed control in micro-grids and modern power systems;
· Stability and control design in low-inertia power grids;
· Advanced modelling and control of power converters in renewable energy system applications;
· Distributed generation, energy storage systems and responsive loads;
· Digital Twins for power networks and Hardware in the Loop.
You will hold a PhD and be able to demonstrate an outstanding research reputation in the area, evidenced by publication track record, grant capture and typical esteem indicators.
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University.
To find out more about the University of Sheffield and the Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering and why Sheffield is a remarkable place to work, please visit our website pages: