- Permanent/Continuing full-time appointment
- Level B: $100,306 – $115,840 + 17% superannuation
The University of Wollongong was rated NSW’s leading public university for undergraduate student experience in the 2021 Good Universities Guide. The School of Civil, Mining and Environmental Engineering, which is one of the top Engineering Schools in Australia, is committed to research and teaching excellence through its world-class undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a range of exciting areas of technology and sustainability. Wollongong is a vibrant regional city surrounded by beautiful beaches offering amazing schools, a safe community and a relaxed lifestyle.
The position of Lecturer in Architectural Engineering will play a key role in strengthening the research and teaching of the School of Civil, Mining and Environmental Engineering in the field of Architectural Engineering, by enhancing the reputation and research capability of UOW in this field, and increasing the perceived value of the discipline in the professional community.
This position will teach at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in areas of core Architectural Engineering such as, but not limited to, Building Information Modelling, Architectural Engineering, Architectural Design of Sustainable Buildings, and Digital Construction Management. This position will contribute to the teaching and research excellence of the School in the promotion of Architectural engineering discipline.
UOW is very committed to supporting diversity and gender balance. The Engineering & Information Sciences (EIS) Faculty at the University of Wollongong proudly offers:
- Leadership mentoring for emerging women researchers and providing opportunities for them to be a part of UOW’s Leadership Program Senior Academic Women (LPSAW);
- A ‘Return to work after maternity leave’ fellowship program, which provides funding to academic women returning from maternity leave to kickstart their research career;
- Heads of School who support staff that have a career interruption;
- Commitment to flexible work practices including consideration of meeting times to allow for greater staff attendance; online and face-to-face meeting options; meeting recordings for staff that cannot attend; scheduling meetings with sufficient advance notice for arrangements around caregiving;
- An Associate Dean EDI (Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) and an EDI Champion in every School, ensuring women and other underrepresented groups are welcomed & celebrated and form a key part of our fabric & culture;
- University on-site child care
You will be prompted to respond to a selection criteria questionnaire as part of the application process. For further information about this position, please contact Associate Professor Neaz Sheikh at email@example.com or Phone or on + 61 2 4221 3009.
To view the position description, and to apply, please visit UOW job page at https://www.uow.edu.au/about/jobs/
Closing Date: 1 October 2021, 11:59PM – Please apply via UOW website only.
As women are underrepresented in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences, women are strongly encouraged to apply.