The Smart Microsystem Lab (PI: Prof. Wei Li) at Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications (NJUPT) has multiple openings for postdoctoral research fellows. The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, material science, physics, bioengineering, chemical engineering, computer science or related fields. We seek candidates who are self-motivated, reliable, energetic, and passionate about either MEMS, mechatronics, robotics, control systems, embedded systems, or flexible electronics. The positions are open to exceptional candidates globally. Excellent performers can stay at the university as faculty.
Interested applicants should email Prof. Wei Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a CV and cover letter attached. To learn more about the research group, visit www.weiligroup.net.
Postdoctoral fellows on a full-time basis will be paid an annual salary, and enjoy the same benefits as the university's current faculty and staff. For part-time postdoctoral fellows, salaries, benefits and medical coverage will be provided by their original employer. Benefits for full-time postdoctoral fellows are as follows:
1. Salaries will be jointly provided by the school and research team for a duration of 2 years.
(1) Funding from the school: RMB 200,000 - 400,000/year. The school will also provide housing allowance and social insurance contributions totaling around RMB 60,000/year. For those selected for the "Innovative Talent Support Program for Postdoctoral Fellows", "Postdoctoral Talent Introduction Special Program", or "Jiangsu Provincial Outstanding Postdoctoral Program", funding will be in addition to the annual salary.
(2) Funding from team: To be negotiated with team leader, generally no less than RMB 50,000/year.
2. Enjoy postdoctoral dormitories with home appliances and facilities.
3. Eligible to apply for professional titles during fellowship.
4. Enjoy the same medical benefits and labor union welfare as current faculty and staff. Social insurance and housing funds will be contributed on behalf fellows.
6. Encouraged and supported to conduct collaborative research abroad during fellowship.
7. Children enjoy the same kindergarten and medical benefits as children of the university's faculty and staff.
8. Excellent performers can stay at the university as faculty.
Why Choose NJUPT?
NJUPT is located in Nanjing, a historically and culturally rich city with four campuses. Established in 1942, NJUPT is recognized as a National First-Class Discipline University and Leading University of Jiangsu Province. It is also part of China's Double First-Class University initiative jointly developed by the Ministry of Education and Jiangsu Province. NJUPT has a robust faculty of over 2,600, including 984 doctoral and master's supervisors. Over 60% of full-time faculty hold senior professional titles, and over 95% have doctoral or master’s degrees. An NJUPT Nobel laureate leads the province in high-caliber talent. The Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked NJUPT 501st globally.
Why Choose Nanjing, China?
Strategically situated in the Yangtze River Delta, Nanjing has played a prominent role in Chinese history and culture as the capital of various Chinese dynasties and governments since the 3rd century BCE. Its rich history makes it a major hub for culture, education, research, transportation and tourism, including one of the world's largest inland ports. As the capital of Jiangsu province, Nanjing is the economic center of China's most developed and affluent province in terms of GDP per capita. However, its cost of living is far lower than Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and other tier 1 cities. Nanjing offers a superb quality of life, where you can strike an optimal balance between work and leisure.