INESC TEC is now accepting grant applications to award 1 Research Grant (BI) within the scope of the
Plurianual_LA funded by National Funds through FCT - Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P.,
project (reference LA/P/0063/2020)
Type of grant: Research Grant (BI)
General scientific area: ENGINEERING
Scientific subarea: Electrical engineering
Grant duration: 3 months, starting on 2022-10-15, with the possibility of being renewed until the end of the project.
Scientific advisor: Luís Manuel Pessoa
Workplace: INESC TEC, Porto, Portugal
Maintenance stipend: € 1144,64, according to the table of monthly maintenance stipend for FCT grants
(http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores), paid via bank transfer. Grant holders may be awarded potential
supplements, according to a quarterly evaluation process (Articles 19, 21 and 22 of the Regulations for Grants of
INESC TEC and Annex II), up to a maximum limit of 50% of the monthly maintenance stipend.
INESC TEC supports costs with registration, enrolment or tuition fees, during the grant duration, under the terms
established in the internal document: "Payment of Tuition fees to grant holders".
The grant holder will benefit from health insurance, supported by INESC TEC.
- Enlarge the knowledge of the state of the art regarding antennas and transmission lines at 100 GHz;
- Identification and selection of the most adequate optimization methods to address the proposed workplan:
- Develop the research skills through the application of the selected methods;
- Apply the scientific method on the research process and a critical attitude on the obtained results.
BRIEF PRESENTATION OF THE WORK PROGRAMME AND TRAINING:
1. Design a waveguide to SIW transition at 100 GHz.
2. Study the impact of the several design parameters in the radiation diagram of the antenna under test.
3. Design a TRL calibration kit in SIW technology.
4. Experimentally characterize the designed and fabricated devices.
5. Prepare the submission of a journal paper.
6. Write the grant activities report.
MSc in Electrical Engineering, or similar
The awarding of the fellowship is dependent on the applicants' enrolment in study cycle or non-award courses of
Higher Education Institutions.
- Experience with 3D electromagnetic simulation (preferably HFSS) of waveguide to SIW transitions and TRL
calibration kits in SIW technology above 65 GHz.
- Experience with 3D electromagnetic simulation as well as in experimental characterization of
antennas/microwave devices above 65 GHz.
Application period: From 2022-09-21 to 2022-10-05
Submission of applications: the application will be formalised by submitting the form available in the Work With
Us section of INESC TEC website.
BINDING LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The hiring process shall comply with the current legislation regarding the Research Grant Holder Statute, approved
by Law no. 40/2004 of August 18, in its current wording, as well as by the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC
and for FCT Grants Regulation in force. For more information, please check the Regulations for Grants of INESC TEC and relevant annexes at www.inesctec.pt/bolsas