Sichuan University-Pittsburgh Institute (SCUPI), located in Chengdu, China, invites applications for faculty positions (tenure or non-tenure stream) in Mechanical Engineering at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Positions are expected to begin in the academic year 2023-2024. Terms of employment, including salary, relocation, and start-up packages are competitive and on par with similar offers by universities in North America.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree by the time of hire and mainly focus on the areas of ME, especially Rigid body, Mechanical Measurement, Statics, and Dynamics.
- Effective oral and written communication in English is required, as English is the official language of the Institute.
- Successful applicants should have the ability to build externally funded research programs, as well as contributions to the teaching missions of the Institute.
Qualified applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com. The application should include the following materials in PDF form:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Name and Contact Information of at least three references
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
SCUPI is an academic entity jointly established by Sichuan University and the University of Pittsburgh. Approved by China’s Ministry of Education in 2014, SCUPI is one of the large-scale partnerships between a top US university and a top-rate Chinese university. SCUPI now enrolls around 850 undergraduate students in five majors, including Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The technical curricula of SCUPI comply fully with those taught at the Swanson School of Engineering (SSOE) and the School of Computing and Information (SCI) of the University of Pittsburgh. SCUPI will continue to grow in size and discipline. Along with this strategic plan, a new SCUPI building is near completion. This new space and facilities will offer vast opportunities for innovations in education, research, and career development. Faculty and students benefit from the resources, support, and diverse environment fostered by Sichuan University, the University of Pittsburgh, and other partnering institutions around the globe.